- Raspberry is a low-growing shrub commonly found in temperate climates in Europe and North America. The leaves contains anthocyanidins, flavonols such as quercetin and kaempferol, catechins, and phenolic acids, which all have antioxidant effects that combat free radical damage within the skin layers. Some of these chemicals also help to counteract minor infections and inflammation.
Key Features of the active ingredient
- Our product uses a special derivative of raspberry leaves, which are sourced from quality European cultivars, using sustainable processes.
- The raspberry leaf tissue is grown further in a laboratory under specially controlled conditions, to allow the cells within the leaf tissue to produce specific proteins and molecules that are involved in growth promotion.
- Extracts of these cultures used in our products are stable under a range of environmental conditions, easily absorbed into the skin and free from many of the chemical impurities that can be found in other crude extracts.
- Internal studies have shown these extracts can contribute to organization and the structure of dermal layers and improve its longevity.
- Raspberry leaf, fruit and seed extracts are used in cosmetics due their effects on supporting skin structure, moisture balance and cellular renewal.
- Hydrating, water balance and antiaging effects of raspberry leaf: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=25940647
- Health benefits of leaf extracts from berry family: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27258314