- Hyaluronic acid (HA) is glycoprotein that contributes to the strength and elastic characteristics of skin and other areas such as joint tissues. It can also be found in some fluids, like joint fluid and tears.
- It also has important barrier functions against infectious agents and is involved in the early stages of wound healing.
- HA is mainly found in the basal layer of the epidermis where new keratin producing cells live
Key features of the ingredient
- HA retains approximately thirty times its weight in moisture, so it has natural moisture replenishing effects. Growing skin requires a certain degree of moisture to repair and regenerate effectively.
- For more damaged skin, HA also contributes well, as shown nd dressings for burns and various types of dermal fillers in cosmetics contain HA, because of its protective and hydrating effects.
- The HA in our products is in a unique microsphere form, which penetrates into the upper layers of the epidermis.
- As the HA microspheres expand, the begin to improve skin smoothness, minimize wrinkle formation, while moisturizing and contributing to barrier function
- HA is a versatile agent for skin health because of its dermatological and cosmetic uses, so it crosses over from beauty therapy into more complex skin health areas.