- Chlorella vulgaris is a type of microscopic algae that grows in fresh water lakes. It is widely regarded as a superfood because it is a rich source of plant protein, lipids, amino acids, vitamins and other micronutrients as a function of its weight.
Key features of the ingredient
- Chlorella is rich in chlorophyll, a compound that gives its characteristic green coloring. Chlorophylls absorb UV light to produce energy in the living algae.
- An ingenious feature of Chlorella in our skin brightening products is its ability to absorb and harness sunlight to produce energy within skin cells.
- This has two specific benefits:
- to protect skin cells from damaging UV and blue light
- to promote the activity of skin cell division
- A third key benefit is the provision of a host of additional plant micronutrients and antioxidants to support growing skin, including lipids and amino acids that contribute to building of new cell layers, intervening membranes and the skin’s oil barrier.
- The Chlorella extracts used in our products are also sustainably grown under controlled conditions, which minimizes impurities and maximizes growth quality.
- Chlorella vulgaris provides complex nutrition for skin tissue. In combination with The Brightening Drone™, Chlorella extracts are readily absorbed into the skin and provide protective effects from ambient light.
- Ability of Chlorella to absorb UV light https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26427046
- Chlorella in dermatitis mechanisms https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=26404252
- Beauty therapy with Chlorella – skin effects https://www.personalcaremagazine.com/story/3080/effects-of-chlorella-extract-on-skin full text at https://www.osmosisskincare.com/research/files/chlorella-extract-on-skin.pdf